Friday, October 06, 2006

State of mind

Some things written in my journal along the way, retyped here, from the days prior to the EBC incident:

September 20, 2006:
I love that I'm in this shabby tent, it's snowing inside the tent through a hole in the top. The owner gave me his spot right next to the yak dung stove, and now I'm really, really hot. And somehow I don't mind one bit!

September 21, 2006: Nausea and vomiting nothing because my stomach is empty. I ran out of water 2 hours ago. Bright eyes of open skies with a warm voice telling me it is only 30 or 40 minutes to the top.

September 25, 2006: Today I miss my father very much. Even though you passed more than 4 years ago, our relationship deepens every day.

September 25, 2006: My hair is so dusty and dirty, I can't run a comb through it. Oh for a hot shower in the next town.

(Note: Later I figured out that the nausea was not caused by the altitude, but by the food at the guesthouse that would come to the fore later.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home