Saturday, January 27, 2007

To the January birthday club

To the January birthday club members Dan, Karen, Conor, Melanie, Brianna, Visnja, Charles & honorable member Rach (even though your birthday is in February, hee hee): HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!

******

Why does it feel as though time is accelerating? Because, relative to you, it is!

When you were 1 year old, 1 year was your entire life. When you were 2 years old, 1 year was one-half your life. When you were 20 years old, 1 year was one-twentieth of your life. So you see, as we age (ahem!), it feels as though time is accelerating and relative to oneself, it is.

******

In recent past years, how I spent my birthday, with whom I was and what I was doing was indicative of the year. Last year I was traveling; the year prior I was working insane hours (yes, even on my birthday); the year before that I was drinking cava and eating sweets with someone I loved. This year I spent my birthday in the company of family and good, long-time friends, those who know me, my foibles and my follies and love me anyway. It is my wish for that to be indicative of the year and the years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home