Monday, February 05, 2007

Spain as bridge

Madrid is lovely. There's plenty to do with its world-class museums and giant, magnificent Parque del Retiro. Just walking around and looking at the aged, ornate architecture is a treat.







I missed my flight to Casablanca! I printed out my flight info in such a tiny font to save space / packing weight and thus I misread the flight information -- how silly! I thought it would be horrendously difficult because my ticket requires availability in the lowest booking class, but once I was able to explain to the nice folks at Iberia Airlines, all was easily resolved.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hello! Your travels sound truly amazing and make me jealous and stir crazy as it is freezing here in NYC. But I miss ya and will see you in a few more months!
xxTara

3:00 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Hey there!
Just wanted to stop by and say hello and let you know that you are missed back at 53 west 111th st! Your travels look amazing and must admit I am a bit jealous! It is freezing here in NYC.
See you in a few months!
xxTara

3:02 PM  
Blogger R. Song said...

Hi Chris,

I'm curious: from what vantage point was the top picture taken (aerial photo of road & city)? The angle just looks like more than the top of a hill, unless it's a pretty steep dropoff.

-Bro

6:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hi Richard!

Yes, it was a hill but very steep. There were two staircases in switchback leading up the hill to where the second picture (old ruin of something or other) was taken. We were huffing and puffing a bit after climbing the stairs (Tom decided to charge them while I hummed the tune to Rocky.) Adjacent to that was a cemetary (there are many cemetaries in the immediate vacinity of the medina of Fes, I guess because it is such an old city the burial of the dead is evident). So, I took the first picture while standing atop the hill of the second picture.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sorry, y'all, these comments belong with the Fes entry, but I moved things around a bit but could not move the comments.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home