Wednesday, February 14, 2007

España como puente, 2

¡Hola queridos!

Estoy en Barcelona con una amiga quien le conoci en Lhasa, Tibet! Me alegre de verle despues de unos meses y muchas millas.

Ayer viajamos a Girona, una hora por tren norte de Barcelona y acerca del costa. Creamos que el rio que corre por Girona se parece como Varanasi en India un poco.

In Girona, view of the Cathedral from afar:


A park along the way of the old city wall:


Postcard view of the ancient streets:


Another Varanasi:


Also yesterday we were both thinking about the lovely, long dinners, sometimes worry-ful, other times carefree, that we had at "our place" in Lhasa (the sister restaurant of the hotel where we stayed). And so, in the residential neighborhood called Gracia, we went looking for such a place to have dinner. We found a small Nepalese restaurant called Himalaya and for some moments I felt transported back to Lhasa.

I have many mixed feelings: upon leaving Morocco, happiness and great relief of having finished the African leg of my trip; toward Brazil, excitement and a little fear about going to carnival alone and the crazed affair it is renound to be. Hmmm...

For now I will continue to enjoy this colorful city and being here with someone with whom I shared a part of a special time and place, making some new places into "our places" here in Barcelona.

TO FEE: THANKS AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR YOUR WONDERFUL HOSPITALITY, A PLACE TO STAY, AND, MOST OF ALL, SHOWING ME AND SHARING WITH ME YOUR BARCELONA!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Christene,
Sorry I'm not going to be joining you in Brazil... even more so after catching up with my old Brazillian friend here recently and talking about his complex and amazing homeland. I still have dreams of going to see it sometime; and so I'm sorry not to experience the Carnival with you this time.

I hope you have a wonderful time there.... it should be fascinating and fun.

I'll email you soon... quite a bit to tell.
Keep well and have lots more fun,
Daniela x

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home